just a small sampling: h&m / urban behaviour / supré / h&m / sharinio / buffalo shop
There are a few other cardinal rules I go by when it comes to weddings, and these are really just the anal retentive traits in me shining through:
- Don't wear a significant amount of black. It's a wedding - a celebration of two people's love (or whatever) for one another - not a funeral. I love black, but there's an appropriate time and place.
- Don't wear a significant amount of white. The bride might cut you, is all I'm saying. Unless the bride is not choosing the standard white gown, then by all means, go white!
- Leave the in-your-face cleavage for the club. Cover that shit up! This is a family affair. (Vegas wedding? Okay, whole other ballpark.)
- Forget the mega-watt makeup. You're not the center of attention today, so try not to detract from the bride (and groom). Look ravishing, but not too ravishing.
- Wear something that reflects your style and personality. Abiding by all of the above rules doesn't mean you have to lose yourself. Shoes and accessories are important!
Of course, the most important rule is to not act like a fool. Looking nice is super important, but learning not to get shit-faced at the open bar is an entirely different beast to tackle.
P.S. Don't wear jeans! Or t-shirts. Or baseball caps. Spleesh!
P.P.S. I am so anal that I would probably enforce a dress code if I ever had a wedding. I'm picturing a bouncer at the door...